Cats Available for Adoption
If you are interested in adopting a cat or kitten, please fill out the short adoption application.*
Your application will go directly to the email of our CEO and Adoption Coordinator, Melissa (Missy) Gurnett and will be reviewed by her as soon as possible.
All of our animals are vet checked and given our standard medical treatments before adoption:
Microchips, spay or neuter surgeries, FIV/FeLV testing, age-appropriate vaccines, and parasite treatments.
A condition of our adopting to you is that your adopted animal will live indoors, and that you will never declaw it.
Happy Jack Cats, Inc. considers an animal's best interests first when homing. That means:
- We screen all potential adoptive families.
- We reserve the right to deny applications.
- Our adoptions are NOT awarded on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- We do not hold animals. The animal is not yours until the adoption fee has been paid.
Set Up A Basecamp
Basecamp is a special room in your home where a new cat can settle in and feel safe.
Purchase these items from your favorite retailer(s) to set your new cat up for success. (Chewy, Amazon, Petco,Petsmart, etc) before bringing home your new cat or kitten. Provided links are examples only, feel free to customize to your liking and budget appropriately.
Tall sturdy cat tree
Appropriate scratching surfaces, horizontal andvertical, various materials
Adult-sized secure pet carrier
Jumbo/XL litter boxes (1 per cat, plus one more)
Water fountain (stainless or white ceramic, sanitary surfaces that are easy to clean hard water stains from)
Cushy bed or plush blanket
Wide/low-sided feeding dishes
Interactive wand toys
Small toys such as balls, fuzzy mice, springs
Scroll to see all available kittens
Petco store Adoptions
Happy Jack Cats, Inc., partners with Petco Love (www.https://petcolove.org/). Selected animals are showcased in two local Petco stores: 3548 S. Findley Ave. Boise ID. and 3006 E. State St., Eagle, ID.
The personnel at these Petco stores cannot perform an adoption for you because one of our representatives must do that. Call Melissa (Missy), our Adoption Coordinator at 208-477-1452 for help.
A pet carrier in which to take your cat home is required. If you need one, you can purchase one from Petco at the time of the adoption.
Happy Jack Cats' Adoption Contract
Happy Jack Cats, Inc. (“Rescuer”) and the undersigned (the “Adopter” or “you”), in consideration for the mutual covenants in this Agreement and other good and valuable consideration, intending to be legally bound by this Agreement, agree by signing this Contract to the following:
1. The CAT: We are placing the following described cat/kitten with you, the Adopter, for adoption by you as a companion cat and family member. (Hereinafter Adoptee or Cat)
2. Adoption Cost: To assist us in continuing our rescue work, Adopter agrees to make a non-refundable payment of $75 per cat. This adoption fee is used to pay our ongoing costs of rescuing animals in need; including food, veterinary care, behavior training, etc.
3. Spay/Neuter: If this Cat has not been sterilized before this adoption due to age or physical condition, you agree to return the animal to us to have the cat spayed or neutered. The cost of this surgery is included in your Adoption Fee.
4. Care of the Cat: You agree that the Cat is being adopted as a family member and will be kept indoors only. You agree to provide the Cat with fresh water, wholesome cat food, affection, shelter, and medical care.
5. Veterinary Care: You will provide the Cat with annual veterinary care, and no guarantees regarding health are being provided by Happy Jack Cats, Inc. To the best of our knowledge, the Cat is healthy at the time of adoption.
6. Identification: Your Cat is micro-chipped. You are responsible for registering the microchip and keeping your contact information up-to-date with the registration site.
7. Safe Environment: Adopters will provide a safe home environment. Learn about the dangers of common household items HERE at the American Humane Society.
8. Agreement NOT to Declaw: You promise to NEVER declaw this Cat. You understand that declawing can cause serious physical, psychological, and behavioral complications. You understand that scratching is normal cat behavior, and you will provide the necessary scratching apparatuses and keep the nails trimmed.
9. Transportation: The Cat will be properly restrained, using a secured crate or carrier, when transported anywhere outside the confines of your home.
10. Lost Cat: You agree to make an immediate and serious effort to find the Cat if it becomes lost by filing lost reports with the animal shelters, local veterinarians, Nextdoor.com, Facebook lost pet pages, and also notify Happy Jack Cats, Inc. Time is of the essence when a cat gets out!
11. Return of Cat: If at any time in the future you cannot continue to provide proper care for the Cat, you agree not to abandon, give, or sell the Cat to another person, company, organization, medical research, pound, or animal shelter. You agree to return the cat to Happy Jack Cats, Inc. of Meridian, ID.
12. No Warranty: Rescuer makes no warranty as to the temperament or physical condition of the Adoptee. The Adoptee is being adopted as is.
13. A Release of Liability: Adopter hereby releases Happy Jack Cats, Inc. from any and all liability for personal injury, property damage, legal fees, veterinary care, or any other expense or liability incurred by the Adopter as a result of this adoption.
14. Entire Agreement/Modification/Binding Effect: This Agreement is the entire agreement between Rescuer and Adopter, and supersedes any prior understandings concerning the subject matter of this Agreement. No modification of this Agreement will be valid unless in writing duly signed by both Rescuer and Adopter. This Agreement is binding upon you and your heirs, assigns, successors, and personal representatives. Any breach of this Agreement may be cause for return of the Cat to Happy Jack Cats, Inc.
* Happy Jack Cats, Inc. is a Petco Love partner (www. https://petcolove.org/) and may share this adoption information with them.