Cats Available for Adoption
If you are interested in adopting a cat or kitten, please fill out our adoption application. Don't worry, it is simple and will not take long to complete. Your application will immediately, go directly to the email of our adoption coordinator. Be patient. There can be a lot of traffic. Leave a message. She calls back.
Happy Jack Cats, Inc. considers an animal's best interests first when homing. That means:
- We screen all potential adoptive families.
- We reserve the right to deny applications.
- Our adoptions are not awarded on a first come, first served basis.
- We do not hold animals. The animal is not yours until the adoption fee has been paid.
Petco store Adoptions
Happy Jack Cats, Inc., partners with PETCO. Our animals are showcased in three local PETCO stores: 3548 S. Findley Ave. Boise, ID.; 3006 E. State St., Eagle, ID.; and 2210 N. Eagle Rd, Meridian, ID.
The personnel at Petco cannot perform an adoption for you. One of our representatives must do that. Call Melissa at 208-477-1452 and she will arrange for someone from our organization to meet you in the store. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.
Bring a carrier in which to take your cat home, or you may purchase one from Petco at the time of the adoption.
Happy Jack Cats' Adoption Contract
Happy Jack Cats, Inc. (“Rescuer”) and the undersigned (the “Adopter” or “you”), in consideration for the mutual covenants in this Agreement and other good and valuable consideration, intending to be legally bound by this Agreement, agree by signing this Contract to the following:
1. The CAT: We are placing the following described cat/kitten with you, the Adopter, for the adoption by you as a companion cat and family member. (Hereinafter Adoptee or Cat)
2. Adoption Cost: To assist us in continuing our rescue work, Adopter agrees to make a non-refundable payment of $ 50.00 (fifty dollars) per cat. This is used to pay our ongoing costs of rescuing stray animals, including food, veterinary care, behavior training, etc.
3. Spay/Neuter: If this Cat has not been sterilized prior to this adoption due to age or physical condition, you agree to return the animal to us to have the cat spayed or neutered. The cost of this surgery is included in your Adoption Fee.
4. Care of the Cat: You agree that the Cat is being adopted as a family member and will be INDOORS ONLY. You agree to provide the Cat with fresh water, wholesome cat food, affection, shelter, and medical care.
5. Veterinary Care: You will provide the Cat with annual veterinary care and no guarantees regarding health are being provided by Happy Jack Cats, Inc. To the best of our knowledge, the Cat is healthy at the time of adoption.
6. Identification: Your Cat is microchipped. You are responsible for registering the microchip and keeping your contact information up-to-date with the registration site.
7. Safe Environment: Adopter will provide a safe home environment. Learn about the dangers of common household items here: http://www.humanesociety.org/animals/resources/tips/common_household_dangers_pets.html
8. Agreement NOT to Declaw: You promise to NEVER declaw this Cat. You understand that declawing can cause serious physical, psychological, and behavioral complications. You understand that scratching is normal cat behavior and you will provide necessary scratching apparatuses and keep the nails trimmed.
9. Transportation: The Cat will be properly restrained, using a secured crate or carrier when transported anywhere outside the confines of your home.
10. Lost Cat: You agree to make an immediate and serious effort to find the Cat if it becomes lost by filing lost reports with the animal shelters, local veterinarians, Nextdoor.com, Facebook lost pet pages, and also notify Happy Jack Cats, Inc. Time is of the essence when a cat gets out!
11. Return of Cat: If at any time in the future you cannot continue to provide proper care for the Cat, you agree not to abandon, give, or sell the Cat to another person, company, organization, medical research, pound, or animal shelter. You agree to return the Cat to the Happy Jack Cats, Inc.
12. No Warranty: Rescuer makes no warranty as to the temperament or physical condition of the Adoptee. The Adoptee is being adopted as is.
13. A Release of Liability: Adopter hereby releases Happy Jack Cats, Inc. from any and all liability for personal injury, property damage, legal fees, veterinary care, or any other expense or liability incurred by the Adopter as a result of this adoption.
14. Entire Agreement/Modification/Binding Effect: This Agreement is the entire agreement between Rescuer and Adopter, and supersedes any prior understandings with respect to the subject matter of this Agreement. No modification of this Agreement will be valid unless in writing duly signed both Rescuer and Adopter. This Agreement is binding upon you and your heirs, assigns, successors, and personal representatives. Any breach of this Agreement may be cause for return of the Cat to Happy Jack Cats, Inc.
* Happy Jack Cats, Inc. is a Petco Foundation Partner and may share this adoption information with them.